Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Sun Flowers


And soaked I got! Brolly knackered. My god, summer's over eh?



June 2003
Me:
Son, come here a minute and help me plant these seeds
Smasher: K
Me: Now look boy, see these seeds, these are gonna grow up to be huge monster plants with bright yellow flowers and I want you to look after them every day
Smasher: K

July 2003
Smasher: Look daddy, look at my plants, look how they’ve grown!
Me: Wow, you are a good boy, watering them every day, aintcha?
Smasher: Yeah, They’re my flowers aren’t they daddy?
Me: They suuuure are, you know very soon they’ll be bigger than you….bigger than daddy too!
Smasher: Wow, bigger than daddy…

August 2003
Smasher: Look daddy, they’re flowering, look at the pretty flowers…I’m a good boy aren’t I?
Me: Yes son…daddy’s proud of you…you dun good

Last night
Missus: Arthur’s upstairs, been sobbing all afternoon, go and see to him will you?
Me: Why? What’s up?
Missus: Take a look outside…
Flower 1 | Flower 1 | Flower 3 | Flower 4 | Flower 5


Seconds later…tap tap tap
Me: Arthur?..I think it’s about time you and I had a chat about death. And Destruction..

No comments: