Tuesday, September 02, 2003

The Copper with the Whopper Willy woo



2:00am – The Master of the house is awoken by a tremendous banging!…No, the missus didn’t decide to make love to me, instead the banging came from down the corridor, that cold dark and locked room we put baby smash into for the night and the banging was quickly and loudly followed by screaming…ahhh the dawn chorus, a little early granted. No amount of rocking, dummy munching, singing (and my voice is damn good!) or breast feeding would shut the fecker up…And for the rest of the night, on he went…and on…and on…until he stops… at some point. Fully awake myself now, I had time for a bit of reflection and I’m thinking about the last 24 hours and am wondering if this moment is the most blog worthy episode to mention…I go over my train journey into work, my work day, the previous evening, all dull, another wasted day… and I realise, with a heavy heart, that yes, this moment probably is…
The crying starts again. Only this time, it’s me.

5:30am - daddy decides he can’t take it any more so gets up and get ready for work. When I come out of the bath, the missus had decided she couldnae take any more either and had brought the smasher down to the living room and plonked him in front of The Hoobs, turning over BBC Breakfast news (damn her, she creeps up to bed)….but he promptly shut up!..Amazing….and mebbe it’s the tiredness, but as I’m about to leave I can hear one of the Hoobs, dressed as a Policeman, singing..
Wooo wooo woo goes the Copper…the Copper with the Whopper Willy woo…
I shake my fuddled head…no….couldn’t have sang that…baby smash rocks quietly in his chair, eyes heavy…drifting off….

No comments: