Lies lies lies yeah!
The missus told me it was our eighth wedding anniversary this weekend, and I believed her, but I was a fool to; in fact it was only our seventh. Why she lied to me, why she wanted me to believe we married in 1997 and not 1998 I’m still not sure of. All I know is that it totally ruined our anniversary meal out. To look at her, eating her food, drinking her wine, talking and smiling at me and all along I knew she was a lair! Well, made my blood boil…so I hit the sauce that night, a bottle and a half plus a pint of Kroni either end of the evening. Wash down her filthy lies…..blot them out…
Looking back, I suppose she, like, just got the year wrong by mistake, but I dunno, I think it might be more subtle than that, like she’s trying to fuck with my mind or something. Well, I tell ya! She won’t succeed…she’ll never win…I know when I tied the knot, I know I do…it was a summers day…no…spring and we were in a huge church…no, wait!…a registry office…and…..and…it was….was…we were…wedding…smart new suit, shiny new shoes….and…holiday afterwards Steve, you like holidays….be alright…cameras flashing, lights…people smiling…music…1998...I remember like it was yesterday…1997..thass right…


2 comments:
People lie all the time Steve. Get a grip man. That's life. Why, you even lie to yourself like, how many times did you not go down the gym yesterday?
It's the way she lied though Nige, it's the way she did it mate...
Me? gym...yesterday....no, fed my hangover instead. Ashamed, yes. target, no.
Post a Comment