Restoration
So, I went to the dentist the other day, petrified, naturally and within minutes of arriving, the young hunky blond dentist has opened me up and talking dentist jargon to his pretty nurse to confuse and patronise me..dentition..occlusion..restoration...and I'm visualising pound signs in my head thinking, expensive route canal work, braces, white fillings, jaw wires...the lot, I'm so confused and scared..I'm thinking, I'll tell him to just rip 'em out doc, don't bother with anything "fancy"...prod...poke...scrape....my hands are sweaty and I'm like a live wire on the dentist seat, twitching at every insertion...Does that hurt?...he's saying...nawh...jwust...nwervus..I say..No need Mr D...you have a set of very healthy teeth and gums!...says he....and as he's saying this, he leans in, closer, and the beam from his overhead dentist light, forms a sort of halo around his head and he smiles at me...and in my muddled mind I hear angels singing and I sort of fade in and out for a bit...The next thing I remember, I'm walking down into town, light headed...elated...feeling wonderful and smug...I got away with it! 4 years without going and I'm fine, I'm ok...I'm gonna live!!......I gotta go back next week for some minor "restoration" work, but I don't think that's, like, having a filling...or there's gonna be any drilling...or anything like that...


No comments:
Post a Comment