Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Stony Bridge


My new PC finally arrived yesterday and I immediately felt like I did when I bought the LCD TV after Christmas...guilt...boredom...apathy...but I set about it anyway, downloading software, copying files from the old PC and generally making it work. It's alright as it goes, XP takes a little getting used to but everything seems fine, and it's fast and it looks good and everything.
The missus was determined to remain stony faced throughout yesterday, displaying her displeasure at the self indulgence of it all, but, as I said to her yesterday, she now gets the "old" PC all to herself now, no internet of course, just a basic set-up, but she can practice her letter writing and spread sheeting, play with Paint and so on, and she'll have to use it in the loft....so we're all winners really!...Picture of it to follow.

No comments: