Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Bitterly cold


Boy!...Am I glad I’m working from home today; it looks freeeeezing out there!…Nice and cosy I am, in my bedroom, radio on, cuppa tea nearby, y’know?…nice.
So, anyway, the rest of the weekend went like this. Went to see me dad Saturday, picked sister up first and had to put up with her back seat driving all the way to Harrow…Look out!!…brake lights!!..steve!…ahhhh!!!….
After unloading money and fags into dad’s eager and greedy mits, we took ourselves off to Debenhams for some clothes shopping; not my favourite thing to do, but I needed a shirt for a few nights out I’m planning and I wanted some new strides. Ended up with jeans, a tee-shirt and a shirt, all the usual sizes, XXL & 36 inch waist which depressed me as I was hoping I’d fit into mediums and 32 inch waist…ahh well....not officially reached my target yet...soooo...

Sunday, the missus mate, her new child and boyfriend came over. The boyfriend was obviously not happy to be here, I recognised all the symptoms, fidgeting, refusing lunch, not opting for a second cup of tea…I’d’ve actually taking it to the next logical step by reading the newspaper, standing by the door, or even, when I think it really is time to leave, sitting back in the car…with the engine running…beeping the horn. An hour after arriving, they left and I took myself back off to bed, suffering from a mild hangover.

5 comments:

Nigel said...

Not entirely happy with the new design - and all your previous comments have been wiped. Oh well, at least it's a right riviting read.

Steve said...

yes, well...mostly nasty or dull comments anyway, so no loss there eh?...new design, keeps it fresh, y'know?

Nigel said...

Yes, ANM use to give that excuse for wasting £1.2m of DMGT profits each year. At least they had the sense to got rid of the main benefactor...

Steve said...

exactly

Nick said...

ah, so thass what happened jean-claude