I've been reading all about London's underground rivers lately, the Fleet and so on, and how they are sometimes compared to the Greek underground rivers of mythology. There's one called Lethe, literally means "forgetfulness" or "concealment". It is related to the Greek word for "truth": a-lethe-ia - Great name for a company eh? 'Aletheia'! - goddamn me and my EIA Ltd rubbish name! Aletheia is free too, I checked...oh well, maybe one of my subsidiaries one day...
The company thing is all done, the account is open, ready to receive it's first cheque at my newly negotiated rate of £300-a-day for the next 12 months. nice. Should be able to pay off a few debts at long last and treat myself to a new pair of slippers! my feet are freezing this winter.
It's funny, I had a 6 months offer last week from my old boss at £400-a-day - silly money and sillier that I turned her down, but with recession looming, or so they say, I felt I'd stay put for a year guaranteed...probably regret it, then then I end up regretting most things in life, so it's all gist to the mill with me.
Saw what's left of the so-called mates last Friday, catching up with xmas news, bloody funny some peoples lives, but had a good 5 pints and felt fine the next day. Apart from that drink, I'm on course for a whole month without booze! and it's been easy this year too, so much so I might just carry on.


1 comment:
You should have taken the £400 per day. You'd be the highest earner in our so-called circle, excluding Carl of course who doesn't count because he really is on silly money. But you didn't. So I still win; marginally..
Post a Comment