2008! – last days of 2007 saw me working, mainly ‘from home’ but still, who could blame me with Liverpool street station closed over the period - nightmare trying to get in I tell ya.
New years eve I go to Stevenage to see my brand new accountant but typically I don’t take half the bloody paperwork I need to show him, so I ended up looking like an eeejit who couldn't run a bath let alone a company! Still, got me out of the house and I’m a little closer to forming my company than I was last week. I reckon by mid-Jan I’ll be all set up with my company EIA Ltd paying me my wage sans tax of course, or at any rate, at a lower rate than I’ve been forking out.
New years eve was ok actually and for once I dragged myself out - to one of Kate’s mates houses for a kiddie/parent new-years-eve party. To be honest I wasn’t looking forward to it, but it’s a new me, saying yes to things I normally make an excuse to avoid.
Now, back to work full on, depressed, looking forward to the end of the contract and I can move onto other things for more money. I have an interview tomorrow with an agency for a permanent position for a law firm in the city – perfect you’d think, but I’ve bloody set up the company and I wanna follow that for a while, see how much I can make in a year; not be tied to some corporate drudgery, a yes man who laps at the bosses coattails. I wanna be free, free to do what I wanna do…etc. then again, perm job, security in these voilitile times, holiday pay, sick pay…nice…


1 comment:
Good luck with the interview mate
Post a Comment